CLD truck

CDL Operator and Tickets: What are the Consequences?

CDL holders can suffer dire consequences from seemingly innocuous tickets.

Commercial drivers depend on their license to make their living. Commercial driver’s licenses (“CDLs”) require those who hold them to operate their vehicles with a higher standard of care. The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation closely monitors them to assure that they do.

Even seemingly minor traffic tickets can have profound effects on someone who holds a commercial driver’s license. Some offenses can even result in lifetime disqualification for the first offense.

Continue reading
Posted in News on by Pyfer Reese.

pedestrian accident lawyer image

When Do You Need a Pedestrian Injury (Pedestrian Accident) Lawyer?

Have you noticed more people are getting outdoors? Even before spring temperatures arrived, getting outdoors became more popular. State park attendance increased from 37 million in 2019 to more than 46.9 million in 2020 during the pandemic, according to recent poll results provided by The Department of Conservation and Natural Resources (DCNR).  

With increased outdoor activity comes an increased risk of pedestrian accidents, not only in areas where parks and trailways are abundant but also in metropolitan areas.

What if a car hits you while you’re enjoying the outdoors? What if you are the driver who hits a pedestrian coming out of a trailway or at a crosswalk? May we suggest that you reach out to a local pedestrian accident lawyer as soon as possible to make sure your rights and options are protected.

The experienced personal injury lawyers at Pyfer Reese Straub Gray & Farhat PC, chaired by Gabriella Hashem Farhat, can assist you. We provide free phone, in office and virtual consultations.

Continue reading
Posted in News on by Pyfer Reese.

Happy Earth Day!

view of the earth

The first Earth Day was celebrated on April 22, 1970, with millions of Americans holding rallies and marches to increase environmental awareness in America. This History Channel article shares more about its origin and about the milestones along the way to this 51st-year anniversary.

Posted in News on by Pyfer Reese.

Happy National Administrative Professionals Day (April 21, 2021)

We value our office and administrative professionals and their ability to keep our office running smoothly. We recognize them as advocates for our industry and respected liaisons between our partners and staff.

Our legal administrative assistants support our paralegals and lawyers by keeping office operations efficient, managing schedules, by helping to prepare legal and management reports, and many other duties that typically take place “behind the scenes.” Our administrative professionals are crucial to this law firm’s success.

thank you card to our administrative staff

DUI and medical marijuana

Can I Still Get Charged with a DUI if I have Medical Marijuana Card?

Yes. If you are pulled over and have a medical marijuana card, that card does not prevent the police from charging you with driving under the influence.

If the police have probable cause to stop you on suspicion of DUI, they can require a blood test. Any person who drives in Pennsylvania implicitly consents to chemical tests to determine the presence of a controlled substance if required by the police.

Continue reading
Posted in News on by Pyfer Reese.

COVID 19 Impacts That May Require Estate Planning Review

glasses, examine your estate plan

There are many compelling reasons to review your Estate Plan. The impact of COVID-19 is currently among the most important reasons. We offer specific factors here. The attorneys at Pyfer Reese are ready to assist you with your Estate Plan needs.

In reviewing your Estate Plan, you may want to consider the following:

Continue reading
Posted in News on by Pyfer Reese.

COVID-19 and Child Custody in Pennsylvania

It has been nearly a year since the World Health Organization (WHO) declared COVID-19 a world pandemic due to its spread throughout the world and the severity of the illness for some of the infected individuals. While the COVID-19 outbreak has affected every aspect of American life, it has brought new challenges for parents whose children are governed by a custody order.

A family living in an intact unit or single household face the challenges of creating effective social distancing plans, cleaning routines, and rules about masking. While this is difficult, coordinating between two households may seem impossible. However, with common sense, cooperation, and the guidance of health care providers, we can keep our children safe and connected with all members of their families.

Continue reading
Posted in News on by Pyfer Reese.

Comforted in Knowing Our Blog and News Resource Made a Difference

Child safety is a key concern and an important topic for our law firm. It’s why we provided a blog and the news source, “COVID-19 May Increase Cyberbullying in Pennsylvania” as a helpful resource to residents of Lancaster and York counties.

We recently received confirmation from a reader that it is, indeed, a resource worth sharing, as concerned parents and guardians navigate the increasing use of technology among minors.

Continue reading
Posted in News on by Pyfer Reese.

The ‘Move Over’ Law: Specific Requirements and Increased Penalties

The Pennsylvania legislature recently amended the law regarding drivers’ responsibilities in emergency response areas.

As before, the law requires a driver to move to a non-adjacent lane if possible. If lane-change is not possible, though, it adds the requirement that drivers must reduce their speed to 20 mph below the posted speed limit.

Continue reading
Posted in News on by Pyfer Reese.